For the third week in a row, my mom and I went on a little outing Wednesday (lucky for her I have a job with a lot of flexibility!), and I remembered to take my camera this time. We visited another uncle and aunt who live on a small farm about 30 miles away.
On the way there, we drove through the small "town" (it's more like a spot on the road) to see the house where my mom's grandparents lived. While I was taking a photograph of the house, two big white geese came out of nowhere, loudly honking like crazy! They announced our arrival to everyone within a quarter mile, I'm sure. Who needs a guard dog when you have guard geese?
This is the view from the road to my aunt and uncle's house: lots of clear blue sky, wide open spaces, and rolling hills in this area.
My uncle still has three horses, and Blaze was particularly friendly. When I called his name, he looked right at the camera so I could take a picture! Blaze's brother, Skip, wasn't interested in us at all.
We had a lovely afternoon visiting, looking at photos, and petting Blaze. And just like we were kids, my aunt served us a treat before we left (sherbet and cookies!).
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend!
Friday, September 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ahhhh, sherbet and cookies! Sounds like a lovely day, Blaze is beautiful.
x
Post a Comment