Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Birthday Road Trip

I've been waiting all year to create a birthday card for my buddy Ron, using images from the Route 66 set by Artistic Outpost.  And coincidentally, Ron is planning a road trip this very weekend!  (But not on his Harley).


I made my own patterned paper using the atlas stamp and for once, am pleased with the way it turned out.  The motorcycle was heat-embossed and adhered with pop-dots to give it extra dimension against the background.  I also popped-up the Route 66 and Road Trip images. 

Happy Wednesday!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps by Artistic Outpost; black cardstock by Bazzill; very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; decorative paper by Graphic 45; Colorbox black pigment ink; clear embossing powder; distress inks: black soot, forest moss, rusty hinge, and brushed corduroy; medium charcoal pencil; pop-dots.

1 comment:

SmilynStef said...

Love that stamped background ... and such a great job combining all of those images into this fabulous design.