Saturday, August 20, 2011

Giddy Up, Pony!

My mom has decided that every Wednesday between now and when my parents leave for Arizona for the winter, she and I are going to "do something."  Our first outing was to visit one of my mom's uncles at his new apartment in a senior living community.  He invited us for lunch and we didn't know what to expect, so we were pleasantly surprised at how lovely the dining room was and that they even had a menu to order from!  (I had cheesy potato soup, chicken salad on a croissant, coleslaw, and for dessert, rocky road ice cream and cookies.  Yum!)  After lunch we had the nickel tour of his apartment, where we sat to visit some more.  It was a great way to spend a day with my mom and one of our favorite uncles.


My uncle has always owned horses and in fact, still has two "ponies" (Babe and Dolly, who are actually 28 years old!), that he boards with the family who bought his and my late aunt's farm.  So I decided to use this image by Oxford Impressions on a thank you card to him.  After I embossed the background paper with the distressed stripes folder, I swiped some vintage photo distress ink on the raised portions.  The look reminds me of an old barn. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Blue cardstock by Bazzill; white cardstock from Oxford Impressions; patterned papers by DCWV (Old World Stack); stamp from Oxford Impressions; vintage photo distress ink; Martha Stewart border punch; Cuttlebug embossing folder; We R Memory Keepers baker's twine; antique copper eyelets; button from my stash; pop-dots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. It's a beautiful card.
Hope all is well with you wiggy folk.
Emily