Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Chickadee-dee-dee Tart Tin for Mom

Last December I made this tart tin ornament for an art exchange, and was super pleased with how it turned out.  My mom really liked it, too, and has been waiting for me to make one for her.  Well, Mom, your long wait is over!

(c) 2018 Suitable for Framing

This tart tin is smaller (only 3.5 inches at its widest point) than the one I used for the goldfinch, so I used a smaller bird which looks somewhat like a chickadee.  My mom wants to display this throughout the year so the sheet music in the background is not a Christmas song, and I used darker berries that will go well with her furnishings.  The steps to create this ornament were pretty much the same as the first one I created, with minor adjustments needed due to the size of the tin (for example, the ribbon and pinecone are smaller).

(c) 2018 Suitable for Framing

I've started to prep more tins, because now my mom wants me to make one for a friend of hers, and I still need to make one for myself!  Stay tuned...

Have a beautiful day, and thanks for reading my blog.

2 comments:

Annie said...

These are really sweet everyday tin ornaments. It’s little wonder they are in demand!

A Mynah Production said...

Woohoo! I was so lucky to have you in that art ornament swap! I love mine! :)