Monday, July 30, 2018

Handpainted Tulip - Altered Envie

My altered envie partner for July has received the envelope I sent her, so I can share it with you here.

(c) 2018 Suitable for Framing

My partner lives in The Netherlands, which is famous for its tulips.  Since my signature flower is the tulip, I decided that would be my theme.  I started by creating my own envelope using a monoprint I made with a Gelli Plate.  I used acrylics to paint my tulip, and let me tell you, that right leaf took a looooong time to get right!  Thank goodness acrylics are very forgiving.

(c) 2018 Suitable for Framing

On the back, I wrote a quote by Anaïs Nin:  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

Thanks for stopping in!  Take a risk and blossom.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Impressive tulip painting! Including the leaves of course. It looks great on your mono print. I like the subtle plaid design.

Chris Lally said...

Lucky partner to have received such a lovely, lovely card. The quote is beautiful, as well.

A Mynah Production said...

There's not even a clue that you had any trouble making the tulip :) The quote is beautiful <3

Gemininorn said...

This is such a beautiful postcard and quote. Well done on using the acrylics for the flower, it turned out eyebogglingly smashing ;-)