![]() |
| "The Story Begins" |
This spread features a copy of a photograph from an old postcard, a map from the early 1900s (pulled from a small datebook about the same size as my mini Moleskin), a real cigar band, and some washi tape that looks like a cigar band. The text came from one of those 1970s "Time-Life" history books and I thought it fit these two guys, who look like Trouble with a capital T.
![]() |
| "Dream Deferred" |
This spread started with the poem by Langston Hughes and largely consists of newer papers. The book text, sheet music, and red-border playing card are vintage. I have not been lucky enough to find any vintage photos of African-Americans in the antique shops where I live, so I used this reproduction photo booth image by Tim Holtz. 1964 refers to the year that the Civil Rights Act was passed.
Thanks for dropping by. Have a great day!


3 comments:
Omgosh...those guys really do look like they'd be getting in to a lot of trouble LOL! Love both spreads...hope to see them as you go through your book :)
Love the card, and also the poem!
very nice! i love working in those mini Moleskins too. Passport size. And yes, those boys look like trouble all right....Dream Deferred is great too...
Post a Comment