This is one of the collages I created this summer while staying at a friend's house. It features an image from a 1954 book called Childcraft: Creative Play and Hobbies, which I purchased at a local library sale. The book contains all kinds of games and activities for children such as drawing and painting, cooking, making toys, and planning a party. My little cowboy was in a section on theme parties.
I paired him with a song from a 1930s school children's music book, vintage text, and a cicada image from an old dictionary. A cicada has nothing to do with cowboys (as far as I know), but I needed something in that spot and was working with a limited stash. The caption was from the activity book and is so sweetly retro that I just had to use it. The only new item in this collage, which was adhered to a piece of watercolor paper and measures approximately 4x6 inches, is the star. It's a piece of clipart from a Stampington publication.
Thanks for popping by. Have a wonderful day.
Sunday, October 8, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Isn’t that little guy adorable. This piece is so cute. Love the collage pieces. The cicada works out well as far as I see. You work well with limited supplies. I would most likely have been stumped to do anything in those 5 weeks.
Absolutely love this ... and love how working with limited supplies spurs creativity.
Post a Comment