Thursday, September 15, 2016

Hello

An art friend of mine has had a pretty miserable summer: she's been doctoring a couple of different ailments that started with a fall over Memorial Day weekend.  It has been a while since I sent her something (one of these Love Bird cards back in July), so last night's mission was to make a card that can get popped into the mail quickly.

(c) 2016 Suitable for Framing

This card started with Authentique patterned papers from my scrap bin.  Luckily I still had some uncut sheets from the original 6x6 bundle to complete the card.  I stamped the young girl from Artistic Outpost onto a gray paper from the collection and lightly tinted her with Prismacolor pencils.  The "hello" wasn't showing up against the background, so I layered a die-cut banner underneath it.  The Kaisercraft paper flowers are also from my stash.

I must say I'm having a lot of fun using my scraps.  I can't bear to throw them away when I know I can make something pretty with them.  Thanks for dropping by.  Have a beautiful day!

Supplies:
Espresso cardstock by Bazzill; patterned papers by Authentique; focal image by Artistic Outpost; die-cut sentiment by Little Yellow Bicycle; Ranger Archival black ink; pumice stone distress ink; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; Martha Stewart border punch; oval, lacy oval and banner die-cuts by Spellbinders; paper flowers by Kaisercraft; antique gold brad.

5 comments:

Annie said...

See, now here's what I love about art blog sharing.... I never would have thought to let "hello" extend past the edges of the banner. I would have thought it had to fit inside. Well guess what...it doesn't! And it's a great detail this way. This is a sweet card and you are a sweet friend.

jenclair said...

Beautiful card! Love the stamp, the colors--well, all of the details. :)

A Mynah Production said...

I wish I could use up my scraps as successfully as you do! As always, I'm dig'in your art :)

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, this is a fabulous way to use up those precious scraps! I am the same way and cannot bear to part with something I know can be purposed into a card or project- lol!!

Love your colors and the use of the AO Picture Star stamp set and I am sure that your friend will be thrilled that you thought of her. Thanks for sharing with us at the September Show Us Your AO Art Challenge- hugs and have a blessed week!

Mrs.B said...

This is a great card and I love the papers and colours you've used with this lovely image from the Picture Star set.
I think we're all the same when it comes to hoarding scraps of paper and then the pleasure of actually using them for something as lovely as this card.
Thanks for joining in with the September Show us your AO Art.
Avril xx