I was really rocking the card for my uncle the other night, so I decided to stick with the masculine theme and make a card for my buddy Ron. He's been house-bound for quite a while due to a serious illness, and I send him a card or care package periodically to brighten his day. Ron enjoys sports and since it's April, that means baseball.
I started with patterned papers from a Graphic 45 collection called Good Ol' Sport. I chose the red papers initially as a nod to Nebraska (where Ron played football) and coincidentally that works for the Boston Red Sox, too. I antiqued the papers with distress inks, stamping, stenciling and some acrylic paint applied with the end of an old plastic hair roller. The Boston slugger from Artistic Outpost was stamped on a solid ivory paper from the same paper pack and masked before stamping on the stadium names (also from Artistic Outpost). I used distress inks and a charcoal pencil to color around my slugger so he would stand out against the background.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a sweet day!
Supplies:
Gray cardstock by Bazzill; naturals vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; patterned papers by Graphic 45; stamps by Artistic Outpost; festive berries, gathered twigs and vintage photo distress ink; Ranger Adirondack jet black and watering can ink; splatter pattern stamp by All Night Media; bubble stencil by Tim Holtz; Adirondack espresso and old paper acrylic paint dabber; circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities by Spellbinders; small oval and scalloped oval punch from Stampin' Up; pop-dots.
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Fabulous card...and how lovely that you made it for your friend to brighten his day...
This would even brighten MY day and I'm not a huge baseball fan nor house bound. But your art always awes and inspires me! This card is so great looking! Is the house next door for sale? I really need to live right next door to you!
It's funny, when I see papers with the sports theme...I'm turned off. I think, what would I do with that. ...but you manage to make it awesome! This is totally kewl! I love how the player stands out against everything else. Fantastic! :)
Post a Comment