I created this Valentine to send to my buddy Ron. I'm sure he would prefer a real pin-up girl, but he'll have to settle for this paper one.
I started by creating a patchwork of patterned papers on the background. I muted the tones by scraping on white gesso using an old credit card. The raised letters and numbers were achieved by applying modeling paste through a stencil. After the paste dried completely, I laid the stencil down again and sponged on some distress ink.
I ended up using a lot of Tim Holtz products on this card: the patterned papers, the film strip, two stencils, the ticket, the photobooth cutie, a rub-on and of course, distress inks (one of my all-time favorite art items). I love the muted palette of this card which gives a nod to Valentine's Day but isn't overly feminine.
Thanks for dropping by. Have a fabulous day.
Supplies:
Red cardstock by Bazzill; Tim Holtz products: photo booth image, patterned paper, film strip, ticket, alphabet stencil, burlap stencil; festive berries, stormy sky and gathered twigs Distress Inks; paper flower by Prima; antique copper brad; love die cut by Little Yellow Bicycle; heart punch by Marvy; Golden modeling paste; white gesso; titanium white acrylic paint.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
A great card! I love the patchwork paper background. I like this mix of collage items for a Valentine. I think I need to come over for some Gesso lessons. I never got distress ink to dry on Gesso and stay put. Have you sealed it before or after?
Post a Comment