This is my second artist trading card for the Library Card Catalog swap. The book title is Men in Groups, by Lionel Tiger. Doesn't that sound like the name of a bad guy on a soap opera?
I used a bold color combination of peacock feathers and seedless preserves and Tim Holtz's wrinkle free distress technique to create the background. The manly trio from Artistic Outpost was stamped on vanilla cardstock and trimmed closely before being adhered. I added a strip of vintage book text along the bottom in order to fill in the composition.
Old Man Winter has hit the Midwest this weekend so I'm more than happy to stay indoors and make art! Thanks for dropping by and keeping me company.
Supplies:
Library card catalog card; seedless preserves, peacock feathers and black soot distress ink; focal image from Artistic Outpost; black Ranger Archival ink; very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; old paper Distress Paint; ocean Derwent Tinted Charcoal pencil; black Adirondack acrylic paint dabber; punchinella.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Brr Chill... I am right there with you. High for today is 5 degrees without the wind chill. :) Love the rich colors which you normally don't see with the handsome gents which makes it even more striking! Beautiful!
Both cards are really nice. I wouldn't have thought to color the entire BG-- very cool effect! Stay warm!
Oh Geeze...men in groups...what a dangerous, scary thought! LoL. But I love your art with it. The color combination is amazing!
Oooh! I love this one! Great colors and it's full of men. :)
Post a Comment