A couple of months ago I used some bright acrylic paints to create a background for an altered envelope. I squeezed way too much paint onto my palette and didn't want it to go to waste, so I randomly swiped the leftover paint onto a piece of smooth Bristol paper using an old credit card. The colors were not my usual (bright orange, for starters), so I neutralized them a little with some white paint stamped on with a stencil. I decided I would use this "paint paper" to create another envelope. After cutting out a #10 business envelope, I was able to get some smaller pieces (one ATC and several moo cards) from the remaining paper.
And then there was just one little scrap remaining, and boy, did it speak to me! It had a fabulous white space that said, "I'm a flower just waiting to bloom." So I grabbed a black Pitt pen and drew a quick flower. And then I got stuck. I can't decide whether I want to add anything else or how I want to use it. It's a small piece: only 2 inches by about 1.5 inches. I mounted it onto a piece of black cardstock for now and will stash it somewhere safe until an idea comes to me. It could become part of a journal page, a larger collage, or perhaps even stand alone on the front of a notecard. A lot can be done with something so small.
Thanks for popping by! Have a wonderful day.
Monday, April 6, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I feel like I want to stamp some black writing on it. After that I love all your ideas for it's future use. I know it will have it's day.
I love when things like that sneak up and surprises you! It'll be cool to see what it ends up becoming a part of....
This is really beautiful. I love it!
Post a Comment