A great thing about sketching is that one can do it just about anywhere with just a few supplies. And this week in the evenings my location of choice has been a recliner in the living room under a warm afghan. We've had some bitterly low temperatures this week, including a record breaking 20 degrees below zero Friday morning!
Tulips have been my signature flower for years. Back in the 1990s, you would have found a lot of mauve-colored tulip decorative items in my house. Although I've moved on from the mauve and the tulips in my decorating, there's still something about that combination that I find soothing. I created this tulip on a postcard made from 140 lb hot press watercolor paper, using only Derwent watercolor pencils.
I hope the weather in your neck of the woods is a bit more pleasant. Have a great day!
Supplies:
Strathmore 140 lb hot press 5x7 watercolor postcard; Derwent watercolor pencils; Niji water brush.
Saturday, February 28, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's a beauty indeed! Your drawing and coloring talents are awesome. The blending and shading is gorgeous.
I can't even imagine being some where that is 20 below! Ouch! I have the same issue with sticking to something that I just can't get enough of...hence all of the birds and fish! LOL! Great sketch girl!
Post a Comment