Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Take Flight - Altered Envelope Mail Art

I'm late in getting several things mailed out this month thanks to issues with the new computer, time spent on the bathroom project, severe storms and lack of electricity (more on that another day), and just life in general.  But I'm plugging away at several projects now and finally finished this month's mail art envelope.


I started by covering a watercolor envelope with various leftovers from my paper scraps file.  I toned them down by applying a layer of gesso using an old credit card, then applied some Tim Holtz rub-ons.


Since my partner likes bright colors, I sponged on some ripe persimmon distress ink and then finished the edges with gold acrylic paint.

Have a fabulous day!  Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Strathmore 140 lb watercolor paper; matte gel medium; miscellaneous paper scraps; Golden gesso; Tim Holtz rub-ons; ripe persimmon distress ink; Adirondack gold acrylic paint dabber; Plaid matte acrylic spray sealant.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh, so love your new envelope art! I just love the birds above the foliage and then the mix of other elements for the collage. You are so creative. I'm always so heavily inspired by your artistic talents!