Friday, February 28, 2014

Twirling Swirling Whirling - Art Journal Page

I created this art journal page using a bunch of paper scraps left over from previous projects and a variety of wet media including acrylic paint, Gelatos, and artist pens.  I didn't know where I was going with this page when I started, so I just played it fast and loose.  That's always a challenge for me.  I really like how the background swirls turned out.  I layered red Gelatos with white acrylic paint, added some doodles in black, and finished with wild swirls of shiny gold.


Thank goodness this cold, snowy February is almost over.  Come on spring!
 
Supplies:
Strathmore 5.5 x 8 inch Visual Journal with 140 lb watercolor paper; patterned papers by My Mind's Eye; floral notecard of handmade paper; Liquitex white, raw umber, and naples yellow hue acrylic paint; Sharpie red and black paint pens; Faber-Castell black and gold Pitt artist pens; Gelatos, Niji waterbrushes.

No comments: