Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas Telegram

This is the prototype for my Christmas card this year (yes, I'm getting a late start on them).  I'll be honest and tell you that I've had more than one thought about buying cards this year.  (I know!  Sacrilege!)  But I just can't bring myself to do that when I know I can make my own.  I just have to resign myself to the fact that my cards will probably be a little late.

I created a collage using stamps from Oxford Impressions, a page from an old Czech book, and patterned paper.  A dry brush technique was used to age the black and green cardstock.  Now that I have my prototype done, I can "assembly line" the rest and get them on their way.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Green cardstock by Bazzill; black and very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; Ranger Archival black ink; patterned papers by KaiserCraft; rubber stamps by Oxford Impressions; frayed burlap, black soot, and forest moss distress ink; Prismacolor Premier pencils; odorless mineral spirits; peat charcoal pencil; Nestabilities Labels 8 by Spellbinders; warm white acrylic paint;  corner rounder punch. 

No comments: