Thursday, August 16, 2012

Never Drive Faster...

I needed a birthday card for a biker buddy this week and wanted to use some transportation-related stamps from Artistic Outpost.  But after I wasted an entire evening trying to create my own background paper without achieving the look I wanted, I became frustrated and gave up.  I was running out of time if I wanted to get the card in the mail on time, so I switched gears and used some patterned papers from 7 Gypsies instead.

I used a stipple brush and sequin waste to provide a background for the sidecar.  As luck would have it, the brush had some leftover distress ink on it from an earlier project (salty ocean or mowed lawn, or maybe both), and when combined with pumice stone distress ink, the color matched the muted green of the 7 Gypsies paper.  Gotta love those happy accidents.

Thanks for popping in!  I hope you have a great day.

Supplies:
Black and gray cardstock by Bazzill; very vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up; patterned papers by 7 Gypsies (Venice collection); stamps from Artistic Outpost; Tsukineko tuxedo black ink; pumice stone distress ink; black snaps by Tim Holtz; clear rhinestone (for motorcycle headlight); round and scalloped round Nestabilities; Martha Stewart border punch; pop-dots; Glue Dots.

3 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great masculine card, love the addition of the 7 Gypsies papers! Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

SmilynStef said...

Fabulous happy accident ... and awesome masculine design.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh happy crafting serendipity! Love your grays (and greens), and great sentiment too...
Alison x