Monday, November 2, 2009

Santa's Wish

A few weeks ago my mom and I had lunch at Maria's Tea Room in Czech Village. Afterward we roamed through an antique mall "on the avenue." One of the booths had a three-ring notebook filled with vintage postcards, and believe it or not there was a postcard with this exact same Santa image! I about fell over. I really want to buy it but they are asking $10 for it, which I feel is too much considering that the stamp has been removed, the postmark year is missing, and therefore it's impossible to put a date on when the postcard was sent. I'm guessing that it might have been a penny postcard from the early 1900-1910s, as other postcards in the notebook are of that era.

So I haven't bought the postcard, but now I have some idea where Tim Holtz gets the vintage images for his stamp sets!

I used Adirondack alcohol inks and the polished stone technique to create my own background paper for this 5.5 inch square card. I like the muted, non-traditional holiday colors of this card.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous Monday!

Supplies:
Stamp set: Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz; Cardstock: Bazzill brown, Bazzill pickle, Bazzill kraft; Ranger Inkssentials glossy white cardstock; Adirondack alcohol inks: oregano, ginger, mushroom; Distress inks: peeled paint, fired brick; Stazon timber brown ink; Adirondack espresso dye ink; clear embossing powder; Distress Stickles: fired brick; Nestibilities square and scalloped square; Martha Stewart border punch; gold ribbon from Michaels; Tim Holtz Idea-ology antique brass snaps.

No comments: