Sunday, August 24, 2014

Just Like Bogey and Bacall

I was saddened to hear that Lauren Bacall passed away a week or so ago.  She was such an icon from the Golden Age of Hollywood (one of my favorite eras), a great beauty and a talented actress.  Her legendary romance with Humphrey Bogart didn't hurt, either!


Since my Harold Lloyd envelope was such a big hit, I decided to do something similar with classic black and white photos of Bogey and Bacall.  Originally I meant to use both photos on an envelope, but I didn't print them large enough.  So instead I created two separate postcards.

I used 100 pound Bristol vellum paper by Strathmore for my base.  After stenciling on a background with distress inks, I adhered the photos and added some shading with charcoal pencil.  To finish the edges, I brushed on a thin border using a Krylon silver leaf pen.

For the address side, I simply stamped on a vintage postcard header by Tim Holtz.  Because these are not large postcards, I wanted to make sure I had plenty of room for a postage stamp, address, and a short message.


Thanks for dropping by!  Have a fabulous day.

Supplies:
Strathmore Bristol vellum paper; Heidi Swapp stencil; worn lipstick, broken china, and black soot distress ink; Derwent deep ocean charcoal pencil; Sakura gelly roll metallic purple and silver pen; postcard image by Tim Holtz; sentiment by Artistic Outpost; Ranger Archival black ink; Krylon silver leaf pen.

2 comments:

Diane said...

These are fab! I'm a classic Hollywood fan too. Used to draw/paint the old stars quite a lot.

A Mynah Production said...

It's like it was made that way!! LOL! JK...beautiful as always. It's a shame that the press didn't cover her passing more. She was overshadowed by Robin Williams....both are legends in their own right.