The watercolor class that I signed up for and which was supposed to start this week was cancelled due to low enrollment, so instead I signed up for a one-night mini class in found object sculpture and assemblage. I've not done much 3D artwork, and this class seemed like a good opportunity to get my feet wet. And I had a lot of fun!
I'm extremely pleased with my sculpture which combines a wooden spool, a small block of wood, metal embellishments, rusty wire, torn book pages, and sandpaper. The idea to stack the book pages and sandpaper came from a project I saw in a magazine.
In this close-up photo you can see how I alternated the rusty wire with the paper.
And in this photo from overhead, you can see the two colors of sandpaper (gray and tan) interspersed with the book pages.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend.
1 comment:
Where did you take that fun little class? ... love your awesome project.
Post a Comment