Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sweet Tart #1 ATC

I've been wanting to try my hand at an Artist Trading Card (ATC) for some time now, and I found the perfect inspiration this weekend. While sorting through yet another pile of paper scraps, I found some small drip and smash backgrounds that I made a while ago. The scraps weren't large enough for a card front but were more than sufficient for an ATC, which measures only 2.5 x 3.5 inches.

Like the ATCs of others that I have admired, mine is a mixed media effort. It features a transparency from ArtChix Studio within a Gothic arch.

For more information about ATCs, you can visit this website.

I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of working within such a small palette and will definitely be making more of these in the near future.

I hope you were inspired this weekend to create something new. Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Black ATC matboard; old sheet music; old book text; Basic Grey patterned paper; Ranger Inkssentials glossy paper; Adirondack alcohol inks; distress inks: shabby shutters, worn lipstick, and walnut stain; black Stazon; Tim Holtz Eiffel Tower collage stamp; postmark stamp by Inkadinkado; patterned heart stamp by Craft Smart; transparency from ArtChix Studio; small rose ephemera; Prima paper flowers, mini black brads; computer-generated text; black craft wire for hanger; sheer black ribbon.

No comments: